Every landscape is different in terms of shape, size and make up. They can range from a combination of mature evergreens to a mix of seasonal flowers. What all landscapes do have in common is that they will benefit from the install of fresh cedar mulch. Cedar mulch comes in a natural brown and also dyed red and black colors. Here are the reasons why we so strongly recommend mulch for your yard:
- Retains moisture in the soil, so your plants don’t dry out in the hot weather.
- It will break down over time and help contribute to soil health.
- Insulates the soil and reduces winter injury.
- Helps with weed control
- Naturally repellent for insects such as ticks, gnats and fleas
- Ascetically pleasing and ads a nice neat finish
There are many different types of much out there, but we strongly recommend to stick with cedar. It is a little more pricy, but a much higher quality of a product. Please feel free to e-mail or call our experienced landscape staff with any questions.